Today I worked on getting the model I created in Blender to import into Godot. This is easier said than done.
OBJ – can be used as static object – no skeletons
DAE – I had to download and install the Godot supported export “Better Collada Exporter” Blender add on. Once I got permissions squared away it “worked”. In Godot the import of the OBJ was fine. The DAE version was a little more problematic. It erred when it imported the enemy model.
This may have been caused by me linking to the PNG, a graphic image with the color details. I added the PNG to the assets of the Godot project and was able to use the albedo texture to show the colors.
I did notice that the model was not displaying properly but this could be cause by the way I had created some of the faces. I know a better way now, that involves solidifying a cylinder. Here you can see where there is some space just above the green arrow. This should have been a solid ring.
I will make a new model from scratch.
I started a new Great Courses – Our Night Sky.
I read some more Understanding Comics by Scott McCloud. There is a chapter on the space between panels called gutters and how a story can be told in the negative space.